Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nazca, Huacachina, and Paracas

So I did the Nazca lines. That was fun. Paid almost 100 dollars for a 25 minute flight in a 4 seater plane....feeling nauseous the whole time. It was difficult to get a good picture....but I tried. The same day I was off to Huacachina...an oasis in the desert. Super cool place...but really tiny. I did sandboarding and a dune buggy tour which was awesome. You go so fast on the sandboard...it's actually really scary and dangerous but...oh well! After a couple days there, I did a tour of the Islas Ballestas in Paracas. It's supposed to be the "Poor Man's Galapagos". Saw some seals and penguins...also tons of birds. The same day I was off to Lima. I was supposed to stay for a week...but I ended up staying way longer because of food poisoning once again. This time I had a 3 day stint in the Peruvian hospital.... that was fun! But thankfully I am alive now. I will write more with pics and updates about Lima later.

Four seater plane to fly over Nazca lines.

Me in the plane!
Can you see the monkey?
View from the plane!
I believe this one is the parrot..
Some more lines. Hard  to get good pics!
Huacachina...oasis in the desert!
Me and my friend Ben in the dune buggy.
Flying through the desert.
Desertland.
Ready to sandboard!
Dune buggy!
Getting ready to hold on to this small plank of wood and slide down some dunes!!
Excited/so scared...
This small Peruvian man is all that is between me and possible death down the dunes...
Flying down the dune!
 
Sunset!
Me with the whole oasis in the background.
Some man feeding the pelicans...for money of course!
Paracas!
Islas Ballestas
There were a ton of little penguins and sea lions...you just can't see them.
Another pic...
Seals!!!
So many birds flying over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment